WHAT IS VITAMIN A?
Vitamin A supports the immune system, skin, eyes and vision.
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble nutrient that occurs in two forms; carotene and retinol. The carotene form of vitamin A is found in plant based foods such as carrots and sweet potatoes. The human body has to convert this form into retinol, before it can be utilised by cells.
OUR VITAMIN A 5000iu
Studies show that some individuals have a genetic variant which may cause poor conversion between the carotene and retinol forms of vitamin A. For this reason, we use a high-quality pure vitamin A acetate in our supplement. This is a type of preformed retinol, which means it doesn't require conversion in the body. This form of retinol is suitable for vegans.
Our Vitamin A supplement comes in a vegetable cellulose capsule, which enables us to avoid the addition of unnecessary chemicals, excipients, binders and coatings that are commonly found in tablet supplements. A vegetable cellulose capsule is designed specifically to break down naturally within the acid of your stomach, ensuring that your body absorbs the nutrients during digestion.WHAT DOES VITAMIN A DO?
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal skin and vision.
- Vitamin A contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes
- Vitamin A has a role in the process of cell specialisation
- Vitamin A contributes to normal iron metabolism