OUR VITAMIN A & D3 SUPPLEMENT
Vitamin A and vitamin D work synergistically at a ratio of 25:1, which is why we have created a high-quality blend of both vitamin A and D3 at this ratio. Our Vitamin A & D3 supplement comes in a vegetable cellulose capsule, which enables us to avoid the addition of unnecessary chemicals, excipients, binders and coatings that are commonly found in tablet supplements. A vegetable cellulose capsule is designed specifically to break down naturally within the acid of your stomach, ensuring that your body absorbs the nutrients during digestion.
WHAT IS VITAMIN A?
Vitamin A supports the immune system, skin, eyes and vision.
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble nutrient that occurs in two forms; carotene and retinol. The carotene form is found in plant based foods such as carrots and sweet potatoes. The human body has to convert this form into retinol, before it can be utilised by cells.
OUR VITAMIN A
Studies show that some individuals have a genetic variant which may cause poor conversion between these forms of vitamin A. For this reason, we use a high-quality pure vitamin A acetate in our supplement. This is a type of preformed retinol, which means it doesn't require conversion in the body and is suitable for vegetarians.
WHAT IS VITAMIN D3?
Vitamin D is useful to support immune function, bones and teeth.
Vitamin D3 is produced naturally by the human body, when exposed to the UVB energy from the sun. These ultraviolet B rays convert a precursor in the skin to the active form known as vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). Modern lifestyles have decreased the exposure we get to the sun, which has made it more important to monitor potential deficiency.
OUR VITAMIN D3
For optimum absorption, we use cholecalciferol (D3) in our supplement, which is the same type that is made by the body.
WHAT DOES VITAMIN A DO?
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of healthy skin, teeth and bones
- Vitamin A contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes
- Vitamin A has a role in the process of cell specialisation
- Vitamin A contributes to normal iron metabolism
WHAT DOES VITAMIN D DO?
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of healthy teeth and bones
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system in children
- Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children